Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gratitude in my Heavy Heart

My heart is feeling very sad and heavy today, and yet I also feel gratitude because we are the fortunate ones.  As we grieve our losses, we are surrounded by so much love and support from family, friends, co-workers, and community.  The food, flowers, cards, emails, calls and visits comfort us and give us strength.  I can walk along the river and let my mind wander.  I can sleep in my warm bed to restore myself for what's to come. I can listen to soothing music to ease my pain. That is not the case across the sea where entire communities are devastated with multitudes left behind without access to even the most basic components of survival, let alone receiving any emotional or physical support to help them with their monumental losses.  I have faith that gratitude will get me through this, as it has never failed me in the past.

No comments: