Friday, March 25, 2011

Fear of Death

Speaking to family and friends about death and trying to understand their feelings around it is for me an ongoing source of wonder. Fifteen years ago I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to confront my own mortality which allows me to process the current events with more ease than might otherwise have been the case.  I see the fear of death in so many around me and if I could, would wave a magic wand to release that for them all. Why the fear?  Fearing death will not prevent it, but it will inhibit one's capacity to fully live Life. 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Have you ever watched the movie "One Week"? I posted a quote from it earlier this week on Facebook as it really made me think these past few weeks. It reminded me of when you went through it and how you chose to deal with the situation. How you dealt with it and made it through is inspiring. In the movie he deals with it in a very different way but it's still inspiring. Your post today really reminded me of it. It's a Canadian film, so besides the storyline it also is beautiful to watch.

Vera said...

Thanks Ashley, I'll check it out. I don't have a fear of Death but I sure am missing those I've loved who have died.