Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One Full Season

Three months ago today.  A quarter of a year.  One full season has now passed.  Connecting numbers and dates to whatever significance they may have in my life, some of great importance, others quite obscure.  This is what I do.  Remembering childhood friend's birthdays forty years later, recalling anniversaries of various life events, acknowledging my children's half birthdays.  It is one way to connect to all those people and experiences that help shape who I am.  Michael's first choice for jersey number for all those team sports he played was always number 13.  Just saying.   

1 comment:

Gena said...

January 8th was my grandpa's birthday. When he passed in 1986, I told my mom not to worry about the gap between her birthday on the 7th and mine on the 9th because we had Michael to fill it. Even though she never did meet him, she always thought of him as "Vera's little boy, born the same day as Grandpa."