Monday, June 6, 2011

Hole in the Wall

As my husband went about his weekly ritual of flipping through the realty listings in our community newspaper, I thought about the words "Real Estate" and had an odd yet funny thought.  My son had often mentioned that he could not see himself living on the North Shore long term since the real estate prices here were so high.  Well, now he has property, albeit a hole in the wall.  Literally.  His final resting place is in the Capilano Wall in the Boal Chapel forest.  The dictionary definition for this expression reads, "a small unpretentious out of the way place".  That, it surely is.  Michael would have been the first to appreciate the humour in this situation and as macabre as it may sound to some, I can smile at the irony that in the end, he did get a minuscule portion of North Vancouver real estate legally registered in his name. 

2 comments:

Vera said...

The Comment feature of this blog has not been functioning correctly and I am looking into solving this problem. Thanks to all of you for your patience.

Gena said...

Testing, testing, one, two, three. I'll never be able to look at real estate the same way.