Monday, May 16, 2011

Silent Spa

I experienced a restorative afternoon at a Scandinavian style outdoor spa in Whistler this weekend, where all the hydrotherapy is enjoyed in silence.  No speaking allowed as my friend and I rotated between invigorating, cleansing, and relaxing moments, moving from warm pool to cold plunge, eucalyptus steam to cold shower, sauna to solarium.  In this mindful state, surrounded by forests and mountain peaks,  I experienced warmth, sadness, grounding, contentment, connection and gratitude. A sublime self guided journey that left me feeling deeply relaxed in both body and mind, further enabling me to continue embracing life and all that it holds.

1 comment:

Gena said...

It was a wonderful experience, to be sure, and one I'm grateful to have shared with you. XO, the GM.