Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Relationship Contracts

Under sunny skies, I took to the Nature's Trust Reserve trails up near the cabin.  The sweet smell of sagebrush, magnificent views of rolling hills, and the sounds of various bird songs, all contributed to feeling peaceful and serene.  As the dog and I wandered, so did my mind.  I thought about four key relationships I have been engaged in during this lifetime.  It is here where I have been challenged at the deepest level and encouraged to grow.  The first one that came to mind was my relationship with Self.  Being diagnosed with cancer all those years ago, tackling that, and then choosing what to take from it was life changing.  In my Daughter/Father relationship, I was presented with various opportunities for growth, with perhaps still more to come.  Within my Spousal relationship of thirty one years I have been granted numerous occasions for learning.  Finally, there was my Mother/Son relationship which currently consumes most of my thoughts.  It was filled with great joy but also many trying times and intense experiences.  Before I reincarnated, I had made a contract with myself and with each of these souls, to challenge ourselves and each other.  I am thankful that we are honouring these very demanding contracts in order to gain the greatest learning, and I am certain that there is still work to do, otherwise I would not still be here.  

No comments: