Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Cup of Tea

Sharing a cup of tea.  Being a life long coffee drinker, I am curious about this notion that has been repeatedly presenting itself to me these past couple of days, that of sharing a cup of tea with a friend.  I have many acquaintances but I do not have a large group of close friends. Which friend is it that I need to share time with now?  Obviously, a tea drinker.  Specifically, one who can understand the deep sadness that comes with being the mother of a child who for many years often struggled with such pain and despair resulting in many harmful behaviours.  One who will listen as I share that the grief I am experiencing now is not for my son, but rather for myself as I begin to fully acknowledge how wearing that was.  I will call my tea drinking friend of thirty three years this morning.

No comments: