Thursday, May 12, 2011

Seeing the Light

It is another cold, grey morning here in Vancouver and I know that I am not alone in feeling extremely light deprived.  Living in this part of the world with limited sunshine, many of us suffer from light deprivation, resulting in low energy levels and depression.  Life events can certainly contribute to feeling this way but the lack of light definitely aggravates these symptoms.  I have just dusted off my Sadelite and placed it in front of me here on my desk where it will shine into my eyes for the next half hour.  This light therapy box produces 10,000 Lux and is used to combat SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), also known as 'Winter Blues'. It has been a few years since I have had to use this lamp and the fact that it is now the middle of May is unbelievable and unprecedented!  The light that shines inside me can only do so much to compensate for the lack of light outside, so today I am grateful for my Sadelite.

No comments: