Monday, February 28, 2011

What Would the Buddha or Jesus Do?

The most significant relationships in my life are the ones that continually challenge me to learn something about myself in order to grow.  My husband, my children, my parents, my brother, my extended family, and my friends are all my teachers.  When I am faced with a difficult situation in a relationship and feel frustrated, angry, stuck, lost, unable to see a healthy response, I try to remember to take time to be still and from my heart ask, "What would the Buddha or Jesus do?"  This opens me up to dealing with the problem on a more spiritual level by shining a light on that aspect of myself which I had previously not seen or had forgotten.  In this way I gain a new perspective and can make choices to move forward with love and gratitude for the teacher.

No comments: