Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Just a Life


I spent much of my life taking it way too seriously. Experiencing life is a gift and at the same time, this life is just one of many I have the opportunity to experience. When I forget that I have other chances to get it right, I experience stress, anxiety, depression, and illness. When I focus on gratitude for this moment in my life rather than outcomes, I experience more joy and happiness. The more energy I put into planning and preparing for a future event, the less I am able to enjoy the moment. Once I had undergone the trials of cancer, I was able to begin reframing my idea of Life. I had been living with the idea that it's all about how much, how fast, how busy. In the end, my physical self will die. This awareness allows me greater freedom in taking risks.

No comments: