Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Month Today

It's been one month now.  Much of the time every cell in my body feels exhausted and depleted.  It's difficult to think clearly for long periods of time. The physical toll mourning takes on the body is deep.  Today I fleetingly thought about the days ahead without him here to hug or laugh with, and I felt as if my heart would stop beating, so I quickly shifted away from that.  Going down that road is not something I want to do right now, if ever.   I remind myself that it has to be "One Day at a Time", as it is with everything in life.  I cry when I need to and smile when I can.  I miss him something fierce.

4 comments:

Gena said...

I think about him every day, but I know my grief doesn't even come close to what you are feeling. If there is an afterlife, and he is there looking down at us, he would not want all this sadness because of him. Easy to say and/or grasp on an intellectual level, I know. Not so easy to have the heart folow suit. I'm grateful to have known him.

Vera said...

There is, and he is :)

Kindread said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vera said...

I am definitely enjoying the warmth and light of the sun today!