Monday, November 7, 2011

Eight Months and Thirty Years

A morning filled with intense emotions.  The highs and lows of motherhood swirling within.  Today marking thirty years of being a mother.  Reflecting on how astonishing it feels to have a daughter this old.  Appreciating the good fortune of being able to share my life with her.  Valuing our loving relationship.  So proud of the woman she is. Simultaneously, recognizing it was Monday morning eight months ago today when my son left this world.  The feelings of grief understandably heightened.  Powerful emotions stemming from these two extreme experiences.  Coexisting.  Realizing love is at the core of it all.

1 comment:

Gena said...

Love to you all on this birthday morning. I remember the call well, the phone ringing in my Bellingham campus apartment, Bob's voice saying, "It's a girl."
"Are you calling her Heather," I asked... and the rest is history.