Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Power of a Smile

Hanging on by a thread.  An expression that kept drifting through my mind this past day and a half.  Then, while walking in the drizzle along the trail with my young companion this morning, it hit me.  The idea that smiling, even when one is not feeling particularly happy, can actually reset one's sense of well-being.  So, I smiled.  Really hard.  That segued into asking spirit for help with feeling more content.  Instantly noticing the space around my heart opening up.   That flowed into creating a mental gratitude list.  Focusing on all the fabulous aspects of my life rather than directing attention to that which is gone.   As a result, experiencing an amazing shift in attitude.  Feeling much lighter.  Much better.  All from the power of a smile.

No comments: