Friday, July 26, 2013

Give and Take

Yesterday, I was fortunate to have numerous meaningful experiences with individuals willing to genuinely engage, resulting in powerful flows of give and take.  First off, a morning meeting with a fellow book club member to discuss minor changes to my book.  That was followed by coffee and a heart-to-heart with a young friend going through a very difficult time.  Later, an appointment with a business acquaintance to enquire about his product.  That led to further conversation wherein we discovered several shared connections and similarities, including both of us losing a son.  Stopping in for an impromptu playtime with my granddaughter before returning home for a three hour phone session with my best friend to go over final edits.  Thankfully, none of these experiences were rushed or shoehorned in, allowing adequate time for total immersion in each and every moment.  Rather than merely showing up, each one of us brought our best self to the experience, resulting in deeper connection.  Truly magnificent.

2 comments:

Christine@100things100days said...

Vera,
I just wanted to say how glad I am to have met you and Bob in the gallery. I came home that evening and read every single word of your blog. You are a wonderful writer and I can't wait for your book to come out. What a story you have to share. Your generosity of spirit in the face of adversity is breathtaking and has inspired me to pay it forward. Thanks also for giving us a shout out in the Pique. I will be checking in here regularly for inspiration.
Christine

Vera said...

Hi Christine,
Thanks so much for checking in. I too went home and read some of your blog - I love the sense of humour and positive energy that comes through! Both Bob and I really enjoyed meeting you and hope that our paths will cross again.